As Authors, it can be hard to find resources to help us hone our craft, inspire our writing, help us learn how to market and publish our books. This is why I’ve gathered as many great writing resources as I can and put them all here in a single webpage, so you can find anything you may need to help hone your craft and grow your writing business as an author.
Each of these links will take you to the product on Amazon, and they are affiliate links which just means I earn a small commission from purchases which helps me out (earning money as an author is hard, as we all know). I hope you find these resources useful!
Keep checking back here for more products to be added.
‘I’m doing soul searching as an author on a level I didn’t know was possible.’
Become the writer you’re meant to be!
Tired of getting in your own way and not having a sustainable writing practice? Then the 52 Weeks of Writing: Author Journal and Planner is for you.
52 Weeks of Writing:
- makes you plan, track, reflect on, and improve your progress and goals an entire year long;
- gets you to unravel the truth about why you aren’t where you want to be; and
- keeps you writing through weekly thought-provoking quotes and prompts.
52 Weeks of Writing brings together every lesson writing coach and writer Mariëlle S. Smith has learned over the years. Wary of comparisonitis and unhealthy competition, she designed this undated author journal and planner to help writers develop a practice that honours their own needs and desires.
Ready to become the writer you were always meant to be? Pick up your copy of the 52 Weeks of Writing Author Journal and Planner and start immediately.
“This is a fantastic resource that will no doubt assist all manner of writers.” – Readers’ Favorite
Beat your writers block, and kick start creativity with over 1000 fantasy writings prompts!
Sometimes all we need is a spark. The story idea that ignites our imagination and inspires our next epic adventure.
This book will help you write more, engage your inner creativity and exercise the mental muscles crucial to storytelling.
These story starters can be used for any creative work, from novel to plays to short stories to epic saga. With 10 subgenre specific chapters, this book will be your ultimate fantasy writing companion for the next decade!
Pick up your copy and create something new today!
Do you want to successfully self-publish in ebook, print or audiobook formats?
There are thousands of new books being published every day, but many self-published books quickly sink to the bottom of the pile.
Many authors are frustrated because there are so many options for self-publishing, and they don’t know which one to choose or what will be best for their book.
Others spend thousands of dollars to publish and end up broken-hearted with the result.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
I’ve spent over a decade self-publishing bestselling fiction and non-fiction books and in 2011, I left my day job to become a full-time author entrepreneur. I’ve made lots of mistakes along the way, but through the process of self-publishing over 30 books, I’ve learned the most effective way to publish and market your books. In this book, I’ll share everything with you.
The book includes:
- What you need to know before you self-publish
- Why self-publishing an ebook is a good idea
- How to format an ebook
- Exclusivity and going direct
- How to self-publish an ebook
- Why self-publish a print book
- Print-on-demand will change your life
- What you need to know before you print
- How to self-publish a print book
- What to do if you want help with the publishing process
- How to self-publish an audiobook
- After self-publishing
- How much does it cost to self-publish?
- How do you get paid when you self-publish?
- Book marketing principles
- How to market fiction
- How to market non-fiction
- Plus, links to more useful resources.
If you’re ready to successfully self-publish, then download a sample or buy now.
“Equal parts motivation and inspiration . . . Bite-size, easy-to-read chapters coach new writers through everything from imposter syndrome to writer’s block.” —The Writer
I Should Be Writing is everything you’d hope to find in a writing workshop, condensed into one highly effective journal. It’s time to stop dreaming about what you want to write and finally do it!
Let award-winning podcaster Mur Lafferty, who in the past has interviewed authors including John Scalzi, Neil Gaiman, Gail Carriger, Adam Christopher, and Kameron Hurley, guide you through the nuts-and-bolts process of honing your craft, including which writing myths to ignore, how to refine your creative process, listening to your inner muse while ignoring your inner bully, and more.
This book also contains writing exercises that will help the blossoming writer strengthen the writer’s muscle of writing every day. These include everything from situational writer’s prompts to lists of ideas writers should try to jot down between writing sessions.
With this helpful guide, you can make the phrase, “I’ve always wanted to write a story . . .” a thing of the past. Because you should be writing!
The bestselling Emotion Thesaurus, often hailed as “the gold standard for writers” and credited with transforming how writers craft emotion, has now been expanded to include 55 new entries!
One of the biggest struggles for writers is how to convey emotion to readers in a unique and compelling way. When showing our characters’ feelings, we often use the first idea that comes to mind, and they end up smiling, nodding, and frowning too much.
If you need inspiration for creating characters’ emotional responses that are personalized and evocative, this ultimate show-don’t-tell guide for emotion can help. It includes:
- Body language cues, thoughts, and visceral responses for 130 emotions that cover a range of intensity from mild to severe, providing innumerable options for individualizing a character’s reactions
- A breakdown of the biggest emotion-related writing problems and how to overcome them
- Advice on what should be done beforedrafting to make sure your characters’ emotions will be realistic and consistent
- Instruction for how to show hidden feelings and emotional subtext through dialogue and nonverbal cues
- And much more!
The Emotion Thesaurus, in its easy-to-navigate list format, will inspire you to create stronger, fresher character expressions and engage readers from your first page to your last.
Are your characters…
always sighing and nodding?
Did you just sigh and nod? If so, this handy little booklet is for you!
Sometimes as a new (or even experienced) author, you can’t think of just the right action for your character’s body in a particular scene, and you need something to get the creative juices flowing.
This is a quick and easy reference tool just for that purpose.
Jam-packed with a list of 1,000 physical reactions a character can have, organized by body part, you’ll never be left scratching your head when you need to find just the right way to describe your character’s reactions.
Grab the book now!
A HELPFUL LIST OF 1,000 CHARACTER REACTIONS
* * *
Forehead slicking with sweat
Slapping or hitting forehead with palm
Banging forehead against a surface
Wiping moisture off forehead
Pressing fingers against forehead
Tapping forehead with pencil or finger
Forehead baking with a fever
Resting forehead in hand(s)
Splaying back of hand on forehead as if faint
Poking forehead with thumb to jog memory
Banging forehead with fists to stop crazy thoughts
Indie Author Resources Book 1
Also in this series:
- Strong Verbs for Fiction Writers
- Helpful Adjectives for Fiction Writers
Authors is a classic card game dating back to 1861. The Authors deck contains 52 cards featuring color portraits of 13 honored writers, with lists of their four greatest literary works. Still played today as it was originally, the Authors Card Game is played with these 13 books of 4 cards each. The object is to collect complete books by calling for cards from other players. The authors featured include: Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, William Shakespeare, William Thackeray, Robert Louis Stevenson, James Fenimore Cooper, Washington Irving, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Longfellow, Sir Walter Scott, Alfred Tennyson, Louise May Alcott, and Edgar Allan Poe. The cards also have standard indices in both upper and lower corners. So the Authors deck can also be used for many traditional card games.
Brand: GRAPHICS & MORE
Mounting Type: Door Mount
Pre-printed: Do Not Disturb
Product Dimensions: 9.5″L x 3.5″W
About this item
- Solid colors: 100% Cotton; Heather Grey: 90% Cotton, 10% Polyester; All Other Heathers: 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
- Pull On closure
- Machine Wash
- If you are a fiction author, novelist and screenwriter, you will love this Pay no attention to my browsing history I’m a writer Not a serial killer humor design for men, women, boys, girls, teens, youth, mom, dad. Cute gift for writers of fantasy novels.
- For kids, toddlers, son, daughter who are writing lovers and literature book enthusiasts. Best gift for mother, father, nana, mama, mommy, daddy, her who are playwright, authors and journalism fans. Poet novelty present for birthdays & Christmas with pen.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem